- February 11, 2015
- Posted by: Warner Chaves
- Category: Business Intelligence, Cloud
Power Bi is the cloud service for Microsoft’s BI self-service strategy. Many of you might be familiar with it’s current state but a new version of the service has been put in preview for 2015.
Here’s what’s new:
– New Free service and $9.99 PRO version.
– The service is stand-alone now, no Office 365 or Sharepoint Online subscription required.
– Dashboarding capablities and a mobile app experience for iOS release for both iPad and iPhone.
– New standalone designer in case Excel is not available.
– Mobile notifications.
– Power BI API for pushing data and working with virtually any source.
In this video, I will do a walkthough of creating a simple data model in Excel and using it for reporting and dashboarding in the new Preview interface, using Q&A, etc.
Stay tuned for more videos about using the new Power Bi designer, showing the mobile experience, and more.
Check it out!